Translate

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Gambian forward inks deal with Umeå FC

Ex-Hawks striker Lamin Sillah
Former Wallidan and Hawks forward, Lamin Sillah, has signed a two-year contract with Swedish Division 1 [third-tier] side, Umeå FC, after impressing the club on trial, this blog can reveal.

The 23-year-old former Hawks attacker was impressive in his first pre-season match with the Swedish Division 1 club and scored in their 2-1 win over Selånger FK at the club’s 10,000 capacity T3 Arena.

Sillah didn’t take long to make his presence felt in that match when he took the ball from the right side of the field and then sent a powerful shot which ricocheted off the post and into the path of Axel Fällman who gleefully slotted the ball into the net for Umeå’s first goal in the 25th minute.

Four minutes later, Sillah extended Umeå’s lead off a corner kick but Selånger FK fought back to reduce the score four minutes before half time.

Speaking to the club’s official website, head coach Johan Sandahl said of Sillah: “He is a player with great potential. He is strong enough, has good depth and is skilful. We are very happy that we signed him as he will give us extra quality.”

“His position and player type is just what we’ve been looking for.  Lamin is a very quick player who will threaten many teams,” he added.

“I am happy to join Umeå FC. My agent had contact with Umeå and said they were interested in seeing me, so I decided to come over and showed what I can do. I came here and performed well, and then the coach liked me,” a joyous Sillah said.

“I scored a lot of goals back home in Gambia and of course I hope my goals will help bring the team [Umeå] back to Superettan [second-tier].”

Umeå will open its 2013/2014 Division 1 season this weekend against IK Frej at the Vikingavallen in Täby.

No comments:

Post a Comment