Translate

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Sanna apologises for outburst against Morocco

Sanna apologises for outburst
Gambia international Sanna Nyassi has apologised for his outburst in the Scorpions’ 2-0 loss to the Atlas Lions of Morocco on Saturday in the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Sanna headed straight into the dressing room in protest of coach Peter Bonu Johnson’s decision to sub him off in the 59th minute for Mustapha ‘Toubabo’ Jarju.

“I will first like to apologise to the fans [for what I did] because I think my reaction wasn’t professional at all but it was frustrating,” Sanna said in an exclusive interview with this blog.

“I was frustrated by the decision from the coaching staff. I think I still had a lot of energy to help the team get back into the game and then all of a sudden, I got subbed out. I was disappointed but I want to take this opportunity to apologise to the fans,” the Montreal Impact player added.

“It was the coach’s decision, so there is nothing I can do about it. I have to get over it and keep moving on.”

The Scorpions lost 2-0 away to Morocco at the Stade de Marrakech on Saturday. The Atlas Lions opened the scoring early in the 4th minute through Getafe midfielder Abdelaziz Barrada from a fine assist from Youssef El Arabi while Younes Belhanda claimed the hosts’ double in the 51st minute to bring to an end the Gambians’ run in the qualifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment